I am sitting at the kitchen table in the dark (save for the "fairy" lights that frame our window), finishing a cup of tea and blogging by candlelight. The dishes have been washed, our kitchen is clean and the house is quiet (Hubs headed to bed before me tonight). I am feeling peaceful and happy. And I'm wondering if it is too late to add this moment to my weekly Be-Happy-Tudes list?
I've had a pretty good week; work has kept me busier than usual and although I am still finding it a challenge to achieve (what I consider) a healthy "balance" in my life, I am still grateful for all that our days are filled with.
I've had plenty to smile about. My Happies, Instagram-style:
01) I live in the land where palm trees sway.
02) Rewarding my productivity with an iced, nonfat white-chocolate mocha (which ironically, I could NOT finish...it was way too sweet. I am a changed woman).
03) Beautiful Maui sunsets.
04) I love pedicures. But dude needs lessons on how to give a better foot massage.
05) My ginormous portion of a chicken and cranberry salad.
06) Weekend lunching with my Love.
07) My newest book purchase.
08) I love him. That is all.
09) And I love that he loves to fly his kites...
10) ...while I sit at the shoreline with my necessities...
11) ...with the nearby shade of a towering palm tree.
12) Beautiful drives along the North Shore.
13) Cotton candy skies.
14) Sleepy Girl, Sleepy Girl, aaaaalllll you, do is sleeeeeep.
15) The power of music.
16) My breakfast was boring, but the upside? I'm eating breakfast.
17) Dessert (and I am happy to say that Phil is now hooked).
18) She loves the sun as much as her Momma.