My gift for Day 4: Active Participation.
I've asked myself many times what I could possibly do to help change the world and finally realized that I need to stop questioning and just start doing. Today I became a member of the newly launched, Love Drop community; an organization I believe has the heart to make things happen.
And I get to be a part of it!
What is Love Drop?
Love Drop is a micro-giving network of people who unite as a community to help change the lives of those in need.
Every month the Love Drop community comes together to raise as much support and awareness as we possibly can. It starts on the website - LoveDrop.us, gets spread across our entire network of blogs, continues through the forums where all our members are brainstorming, and finally lands on the front steps of our recipients. Literally.
At the end of every month, Nate and J$ show up in the town the people live in to deliver this pile of goodness. The money, the gifts, the services, everything! It's all on film, and it all ends with an amazing outpouring of love. And then it starts all over again the next month. Help them, and their flagship partner, Kona Grill, make this drop in Chicago amazing!
How you can help:
1) Become a member by donating (as little as $1 a month. Uh-huh...$12 a year).
2) Join the Blogger Network and help get the word out.
3) Give a gift or provide a service - send them an email.
* * *
January 2011's first LoveDrop recipient is Jill in Chicago, who is homeless (for the second time) after a recent house fire. Here is part of her story:
I realize that many are experiencing hard times in this economy and monetary gifts aren't necessarily feasible on limited incomes; that's ok. Spreading the word about this organization is a gift in and of itself. The change begins with us!
* I am not paid to promote this organization or site; I am just sharing my thoughts on the idea and ways that we can all help. And because you know, I'm all about spreading the love. :)
* * *
Today's Gratitude List 1) Smiles from strangers.
2) Pedicure = Frivolous purchase, but now I have Pretty Toes!
3) My Life and my own "little family". It's late and I'm blogging while The Hubs and the kitty sleep quietly beside me. My heart is full.
Today's Gratitude List
1) Smiles from strangers.